Calling all Long Branch gardeners. The Long Branch by the Lake Garden Tour is gearing up for 2018 and we would love to include your garden.
Who can join:
- You have a garden in the Long Branch community – a flower garden, a veggie garden, a fairy garden, a creative garden – or any of the above
- You enjoy gardening and want to meet other garden lovers from our community and beyond.
- We want to encourage new gardeners, junior green-thumbs, family gardeners and established gardeners alike to participate.
What’s going to happen:
- The organizing committee (gardeners just like you) will come together for a few informal meetings to work out details. You can come out and meet your neighbours and share your ideas for a successful garden tour.
- All interested gardeners will register their interest in being part of the 2018 tour by April 1.
- All registered gardens will appear on a map which will be available at Long Branch businesses by June 1, 2018.
- On Saturday June 23 at 10:00 AM, all registered gardens will be open to the public. A lawn sign will be provided, and will indicate front, back and/or side gardens open for viewing (you choose).
- Do I have to be home on tour day? It’s strongly recommended that you will be available in your garden to welcome visitors.
- The tour is in June but my garden looks best in August. Can I still participate? YES! Gardens change throughout the season. We’ve chosen a June date to align with Canada’s Garden Days in 2018. Tip: you can also show visitors photos of your garden during different parts of the season.
- Does it cost anything to participate? There is no fee to join the tour.
- Does it cost anything to visit the gardens on the tour? No, this is a free event, thanks in part to assistance from the Long Branch BIA.
- What if it rains? The tour will run rain or shine.
- How will people find my garden? All participants will be given a lawn sign and will be included on the official garden tour map.
- I have more questions but want to talk to someone about the tour. Email us and we’ll give you a call.